News – Projects – Contact – Recent Gallery
Orion Drones wants to bring drone services to your town, your next event, your business, to you! We are passionate about photography, videography, inspections, and drone service integration. We bring you news and views here on the blog roll each week on Tuesday at 8:26 am EST, 13:26 UTC. Thanks for visiting!
First time to the site? Start here
- Starship had to deal with the pyloric valve of Fortuna, scrubbed at T-40 seconds. Its mitigation of wildlife issues is incredible. Check the link. This is a clinic for considering operational waivers. Looked grand, though. The Space-X launch test is of the largest, most powerful rocket in history. It stands 120 m tall. That’s 400 feet. You could apply through LAANC to fly 400 feet above the launch tower in controlled air space. Out in G, I just need to keep it 400 ft above fixed structures. Willing to test in a couple of days when the weather clears up here in PA, also.
- The air was so stable., the wind was low, visibility high I had the launch on a screen in a 5th grade classroom. It was exciting! Will try again on April 20. The launch had to be bumped up 48+ hours due to FAA rules, so this morning’s news indicates a launch on April 20th, this Thursday.
- Ground-pounding for a mechatronics job.
- Working with a local historical society to raise the profile of its sites.
- Catching up on research.
- I spent the weekend with fam.
- I spent the week riding bike trails with my son. It’s not about me.
The third project involves the establishment of a crew that can move and operate in different locations. Looking for pilots. I am going to hit some AMA fields this week.
Marketing, education, defense, infrastructure, community, agriculture, and leisure
I noticed “medical” could be formed from an acronym of the list of industries drone penetrate. They are cheap, safe, and easy to use. Consider hiring a drone pilot to help your business.
For comparison, check out the stacks from this July ’22 post. I missed the stacks coming down, but I heard a laborer died in the midsummer folIowing that drone session, and I felt sort of bad about that and did not follow-up on the rescheduled smokestack demolition.
I am taking advantage of the nice weather to fly often. I spent a lot of time outdoors recently to improve my health, too. I love being outdoors. I rode trails with my son, brought the drone, a first on bikes. I ride in small local parks, or along the rail trail systems. You are not allowed to film in State Park in PA, save for a handful on the East side of the state. I am interested in tethered radiosondes and inflatable, solar powered designed that can be released and pass unobtrusively over protected state and federal property. Not that I have those. You know park services would love to have that eye in the sky. I just know they would be useful for monitoring bone spread, migratory patterns, diseases of plants or animals, spread of invasive species, construction, and events. Release the bats!
That empty lot facing the river is a perfect location for drone flight out over the river.
Ask about large prints. Ask me to paint an image in oils. Recreate an image in CAD, print it. The name of the game is “paid production”.
Fly Your Ideas
Sign up for the odd newsletter
I became a drone technology service integration researcher in 2017 while in university. I have a passion for drones. Contact me for information about services.
Leave a Reply