Hi, Orion Drones wants to bring drone services to your town, your next event, your business, to you! We are passionate about photography, aeronautics, inspections, and drone service integration. We bring you news and views here on the blog roll each week on Tuesday at 8:26 am EST, 13:26 UTC. Thanks for visiting!
First time to the site? Start here
Bringing drone to the youth
.I am working with a local community development group called Verticals at their Youth Empowerment Center. I work alongside other instructors to bring STEM topics to disadvantaged youth in underserved communities. Covid took a bite! Some students do not have resources due to obstacles in funding, instruction, or transportation. Verticals provides instruction and transportation. The goal is to instill a sense of pride and community.
Topics in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, drones, digital fabrication, coding, media production, design studio, blockchain, and crypto are presented alongside sports events and fitness resources. Altogether, the Verticals Youth Empowerment Center is designed to stimulate young minds, give parents an inclusive environment in which to socialize, and give participants a sense of pride. I am really excited to be a part of the six-week program.
Check the Portfolio for scads of media
Fairchance, Uniontown, Brownsville, and Jumonville. Looking to film again over the next two weeks. Mount Davies is going to get a visit today, though not with a drone. Drones are currently only allowed in six PA State parks, and all of them are on the Eastern side of the state. I have other cameras.
Next topic sentence
In a prioritized list, here are the projects I am working on:
- FINANCE: Trying to find work to support my family – I have two jobs, but I still cannot pay all of my bills. I have applied to hundreds of jobs with my POC info in a header, so it was rejected automatically.
- FITNESS: Find a moment to unplug, play guitar or write, and meditate for a half hour and visualize completion of Project #1..
- COMMUNITY: Drone Coach at the Youth Empowerment Center in Brownsville to give back.
- ART: Oil paintings underway: Two lurid B-movie posters about a mutant killer bat, and space bigfoot.
- Continue to take courses in flight safety through the FAA.
- Build a game in Unity and populate it with custom agents, skins, and dynamics. Build this into a drone sim.
- Rebuild a Python environment in a new laptop, from scratch.
- Continue to study for PE Licenses in Computer & Electronics, Mechanical disciplines.
- Fly, test drone software, workflow.
- TECH: Complete drone build I refuse to allow myself the personal satisfaction of completing until I land a job: If I have time to bind a radio controller to a network board, I have time to write a cover letter for a job.
- SEEK VOLUNTEER RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES: Continue to build manageable entities and assets that can be useful for federal contracts. Refer to Project #1.
- INTELLECT: Read peer-reviewed scientific research papers on relevant topics in drone tech, astrophysics, machine learning, robotics, aeronautics, and general physics where software code is shared for testing.
- LITERACY: Continue translating an old book into English in order to learn a foreign language.
I became a drone technology service integration researcher in 2017 while in university. When I am not working on drones, I am researching related scientific reports and industry news, flying drones, or tinkering with electronics. Contact me!